What General Weygand called the Battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this Island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, “This was their finest hour.”
Their Finest Hour
- Will Following Jesus Make You Liberal? February 24, 2016
- Don’t Play Travel Ball: Stay in the Rec League February 9, 2016
- Great Books Selections for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 January 18, 2016
- Book Excerpt: The Final Page of With the Clouds of Heaven December 17, 2015
- May Women Teach Men at Church? September 2, 2006
- Q & A on Paul and Jesus, Women and the Law January 21, 2007
- Three Objections Enns Makes to Mohler: Apparant Age, Authority, and World-Picture November 4, 2011
- How Often Should a Church Take the Lord’s Supper? May 3, 2011
- Welcome to Communist America, Home of Anti-Intellectuals and a Society of Zombies - Illegal Religious Persecution in America | #FreeKent Hovind Illegal Religious Persecution in America | #FreeKent Hovind: […] “Communism“, wrote Whittaker Chamber...
- How Should the Books of the Old Testament Be Ordered? – Feast for the Soul: […] Via: Dr. Jim Hamilton […]...
- carla: How do I follow your blog?...
- carla: How do you follow your blog?...