What General Weygand called the Battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this Island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, “This was their finest hour.”
Their Finest Hour
- The Song of Songs: A Biblical-Theological, Allegorical, Christological Interpretation March 29, 2015
- Can We Arrive at a Young Earth and 24-Hour Period Days in Genesis One from Scripture Alone? A Guest Post by Steve Ham February 23, 2015
- Don’t Try to Learn History from the Movies February 21, 2015
- Chesterton on the Convincing Accumulation of Evidence February 13, 2015
- May Women Teach Men at Church? September 2, 2006
- Q & A on Paul and Jesus, Women and the Law January 21, 2007
- Three Objections Enns Makes to Mohler: Apparant Age, Authority, and World-Picture November 4, 2011
- How Often Should a Church Take the Lord’s Supper? May 3, 2011
- Credo Magazine » A Remarkable Demonstration of the Unity of the Bible (Timothy Raymond): […] traditional Jewish organization of Torah...
- Dawson: That does help Thank You.. I do agree after a rere...
- JMH: I disagree with Sailhamer's view of Exod 19 becau...
- Dawson: I know I am way late to the party, but why again i...